Saturday, March 14, 2009
Dagger
Dagger, dagger, gleaming bright
in the stillness of the light
Would I gasp and would I sigh
Would you were my lullaby
Sharp and shining, sensuous, smooth
Scrape some scratches on my tooth
Shave my ears and prick my lips
Draw blood from my fingertips
Sweet and salty on my tongue
As my fessels come undone
Trickling happiness, drip by drip,
Leaks out of a little nip
Warm as metal, cold as skin
Free me from the chains I'm in
Slash a path through to escape
How much longer will it take?
Why is the respite you give
Only enough for me to live
Another day or month or week
Before your joy again I seek?
Dagger, dagger, gleaming bright
In the silence of the light,
Would I gasp and would I sigh,
Would you were my lullaby.
des
3/14/2009 12:36:00 AM
link to post
0 comments